Re: [NTLK] Help!-Newton display problems

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 13:34:06 PDT

> I recently performed the overclock to my newton 2000,
> and all went well except that now the display is missing
> some of the horizontal lines (if held in the "portrait"
> view, and vertical if held in the "landscape view"-i.e.,
> the lines do not rotate when you rotate the screen).

Remove the white ribbon cable, clean the contacts, put
it back in its plug, make sure it is properly seated
and that the plug is locked. If this does not help, undo
the overclocking. If this still doesn't help, you have
probably fried something, but it can't hurt to make two
full backups and brainwipe your Newton just in case. See

    http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html

for info on the different ways you can reset a Newton.

Frank