Re: [NTLK] Linux HWR

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 09:02:31 PDT

Mark O'Neil wrote:
> Hmm, I have a Zaurus that has pretty darned good HWR - I rarely use
> the keyboard - it's no Newton, but better than others.

AFAIK Zaurus does _not_ have handwriting recognition, but rather
character recognition, along the lines of Graffiti2.

Unless someone ported Decuma Alphabetic to Linux, that is...

> Granted that is an embedded linux, but hey think of it as a 'smaller'
> penguin. ;)

The differences between embedded Linux and the big iron stuff are a lot
smaller than between e.g. "embedded" Windows and desktop Windows.

Karel Jansens