[NTLK] Basilisk and MAPI32.dll

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt (Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 03:29:46 PDT

Hello all,

I've been syncing my Newt (2100) to my WinXP-machine
with good success via that Ethernet/Basilisk/NCU setup. But
every now and then Basilisk got the hickups, specifically
when Eudora (6.0) was running at the same time. Now some
days ago I upgraded to iTunes 5 for XP, yet it wouldn't load
because some problem with a "MAPI32.dll". Turned out
Eudora ran its own MAPI server, which somehow obstructed
the MAPI32.dll iTunes was calling for. And guess what?
Since I told Eudora to leave that MAPI-stuff alone, not only
iTunes comes through fine, but also Basilisk is running
much smoother, even with Eudora present. Can't tell what
Basilisk might have to do with MAPI-services, but the evidence
is pretty clear. Has anybody here made similar experiences?

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/concord/