[NTLK] MoreInfo Screen Shots

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 16:00:15 PDT

You took the words right out of my mouth.
I was looking and looking and looking, but no screen shots any where!
I would recommend you download the trial and take it for a spin as it's
truly quite astounding how well thought out, simple, yet very very
powerful this package is. Now I know why people pay $85 bucks for it. I
had to think twice myself, but now that I'm using it, it's just like
PhotoShop. The more you use it the more you realize there's just no end
to how far you can go with a well designed program. My opinion is that
such is the case with MoreInfo. Obviously a LOT of hard work went into
developing and refining this add-on which interestingly is quite
transparent in the sense you don't even know it' there because it works
so gracefully. Kind of like a good waiter at an expensive restaurant.

On the other hand, I think this is the kind of program that users either
love it or hate it. I would recommend taking it for a test ride before
you purchase, but I know realize at least for my needs that MoreInfo is
cheap at half the price. A very good value.

One step down would be, in my opinion TimeTrax, another very good ToDo
application with lots of great enhancements.

The difference between the two [MI and TT] would be in the details.
MoreInfo is less intrusive, yet more empowering in that it can *link*
just about any note, name, date, to just about any other, thus giving
you quick shortcuts in context of the screen display so you can jump to
another soup by just one tap.
MoreInfo also has an almost infinite set of preference settings for even
the most fastidious.

Now that I think about it, in a way, MoreInfo kinds of even emulates the
"feel" of the Newton operating system the way things just seam to work
the way you do, instead of the other way around.

Well, that's my two cents worth. Have yet to test out MoreInfo's
printout capabilities, but will follow up later on that.

John

p.s. speaking of screen shots from a Newton, what's the best easiest
package to take a screen shot and then send it to your desktop via a
serial connection ? Would it be "x-Port" ?

TIA

9/21/05 Steven Frank issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?

>> MoreInfo, a PIM, Newton stock apps on Steroids ;-) $85.00 to buy.
>
>Just wondering, are there any screenshots anywhere of what
>functionality MoreInfo actually adds? I'm kind of amazed there aren't
any on the official SilverWare site,
>especially at that asking price. I know I could download the trial
version, but I'm just THAT lazy. ;)