[NTLK] Newt Database for FileMaker

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 09:16:52 PDT

Melissa,

> Is there a database for the Newton from which I could export files
> to FileMaker 7 or 8?

Any version of FM will accept tab-delimited text files, which is the
best you will get from the Newt - and that's just fine.

I suggest NewtDB - it's pretty flexible, works with large numbers of
records (500+) reliably and the export is by way of a terminal
emulation session where you capture the data to a file and this can
be done with any computer later.
You can design your own layouts (or even multiple layouts, like FM)
viewing the same fields.
Data entry could be slicker but it's reliable and quite flexible.
There is a column overview which sortable according to your
requirements and a filter to build found sets.

I personally have had problems exporting from FilePad when the
numbers of records exceeds 100 but that might just be a quirk of my
setup.

Joel.