Re: [NTLK] [OT] OQO releases new yummy handheld

From: Paul Curtis (Nations One Mortgage) (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 06:18:37 PDT

Prejudice aside, the consumer and a good portion of the corporate world runs
on Windows - for good or bad.

Personally, this device is perfectly suited for what I do. Currently I lug
around my 10 lbs laptop 100 miles a day making appointments to take
applications. I would love to carry around a 1 lb device instead that has
100% the capabilities. I was waiting too for the USB 2.0 connection to
connect to my external backup hdd and the extra ram is helpful too. 1 Gig
would be ideal though... My concern is the processor, I don't have any
experience with it to make the leap. I would prefer something a little more
mainstream, which would lead to a bigger device and that would defeat the
purpose.

This is in no way a Newton replacement, and quite frankly there probably
will never be one. The specialized "mini" computer has been replaced with
full-blown mini-computers like this one. And you also have the Apple Mini
for desktop replacement. The Green will live forever in its glory, ahead of
its time.

m2cw

Best Regards,

Paul Curtis
Certified Mortgage Planner
BBC Group, a division of Universal Mortgage

(517) 775-6666 Cell (Voice Mail)
(517) 548-9735 Facsimile
Curtis_at_BBCGroupMI.net
www.BBCGroupMI.net