Re: [NTLK] eMate Assistance

From: Wayne Pepper <wapepper_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 12:42:49 EDT

Richard Clark wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2006, at 6:00 PM, Wayne Pepper wrote:
>

>> There are pictures on the link
>> below. It seems to work but just wanted to see what the Newton
>> community thought and if anyone else had other ideas.
>>

> Well Considering the emate were made to open up all the way I would
> just repair the hinges and put washers on them and not drill a hole
> to put a bolt to keep the display up. With the washers in place there
> is no reason the ribbon cable should get damaged.
>
> Richard

True. I'm not worried about the display cables as I am reinforcing them
but I have had some hinges pop after putting just one washer on them.
When I say "pop" I mean that the hinge itself breaks. Wasn't sure if
it's possible to have them on too tight or not. I have started putting
some graphite lubricant on them when I have been fixing them. No
problems yet. Knock on wood.

Thanks Richard for your advice. I really would rather not drill a hole
in them but also wanted to stop going inside of them as I feel like I
could now take one completely apart blind-folded.

Allen