Re: [NTLK] Mapper vs Newton books

From: simon <simski_at_dds.nl>
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 15:30:55 EDT

On 25-apr-06, at 18:36, Matt Howe wrote:

> I have a question about Mapper. How is Mapper different/superior to a
> Newton
> book? I am fascinated with maps and regularly make Newton books
> containing
> maps for when I travel. But before I go to the work of loading Mapper
> and
> creating maps, I'd like to know the upside. Thanks.

Mapper is great! i've made a map of Middle Earth to go along my lotr
books made with paperback. both programs use the whole screen for
content except for the dock and are usable in landscape or oblong.
Paperback can only handle text. no picts, but you can resize and change
the font as you read. i prefer 18Pt.

Mapper navigation is like using the hand tool in Graphic converter or
Photoshop. you push the map in the direction you want it. and you can
have multiple sub-maps under a button. how many maps you have on your
newt doesnt matter, you only will see the app. in the app there is a
menu listing all the maps you have installed.

making Mapper maps is done in Mac OS 9 ResEdit and NTK. just read the
readme in the map template folder. It could be done in classic on a OS
X mac, but just for my newt i have a spare wallstreet powerbook left.

--
met vriendelijke groet
Simon Claessen