Re: [NTLK] Fighting Complacency within the Newton Community

From: <Yeoleman74_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 00:44:28 EDT

Hi Frank:
Very well written.
I must confess that I am mainly a lurker. I read all the postings faithfully
and offer help directly when I can, usually in the form of some minor piece of
hardware. I am a collector and have samples of all the Newton's which I
rarely use.
Franks posting reminds me of a policy I adopted when I was still working,
that was 28 years ago. From time to time a member of another branch of our
department would stick their nose into places where it didn't belong. I would sit
down and tear a strip a mile wide off them, read my tirade several times and
then throw it into file 13 where it belonged. I was now ready to write a polite
informative reply in a positive manner without the insults in my first piece.
The result was usually more positive communication.

From where I sit Mat has been a great asset to this wonderful community and I
believe his posting had the best of intentions. One thing is for sure he
stimulated much discussion.

By the way while I have only been a member of this list for a couple of years
I am privileged to be able to lurk and learn what young active minds can do.

Cheers to one and all
Warren -aka- Yeoleman
Probably the Oldest List Member
79 Next Birthday