Re: [NTLK] WiFi driver registration ... so, it's gone?

From: <maynard_at_jmg.com>
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 13:47:38 EDT

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Mark Harter wrote:

> > It does for those of us who registered in the past.
> Then why doesn't he just release it as free-ware then? What is the harm in
> it? Unless others contributed to the project or some other restriction is
> preventing him from doing so...

  I asked that question yesterday. Gerry Martinez responded to me directly
saying that the author had disappeared and was not responding to emails
any longer. No further information. On the one hand, it's annoying. On the
other, one wishes him the best and hopes his absence is not due to
personal disaster. *shrug*