Re: [NTLK] OT: Need someone in London

From: Jon Scordia <jscordia_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 17:10:25 EDT

Wow, even more off topic, but it's great to see members of obscure
(sorry!) email lists sharing my other 'obscure' interests!

I have a 10 year old Cannondale F500 with a great headshock 'fatty'.
I've travelled around europe with it, bounced down some big hills,
but it took Bordeaux Airport's baggage handlers to drop it on its
forks and really mess it up.

More recently I built an entire custom Cannondale carbon Raven from
components bought mostly on eBay. The frame came from Canada, other
parts from the US, but a fantastic 'Titanium Lefty' front fork came
from some guy in Bavaria.

I simply love this bike, and it's never let me down. Scotland is a
wonderful place for Mountain Biking.

Cannondale hit the skids a few years ago after an expensive
experiment with ATV and off road motorbikes. I feel they lost their
way after that.

(And here's an attempt to get back on topic!) The F500 still works as
a cycle path bike, and It occasionally gets put on an indoor cycle
trainer. I considered putting some aerobars on it to then strap the
Newton onto so I could keep my project up to date while getting
exercise! Sad man.

Obscure indeed! Apologies to the non bikers.

Jon