Re: [NTLK] Where to get MAC address?

From: Paul Curtis <MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 20:49:18 EDT

Jim,

Are you running Windows or something else?

If windows and you have a pc card slot available, click the start button,
the run, in the run command window type "cmd", you'll get a dos prompt
window and then type "ipconfig /all". It will return the mac addresses for
all network cards in the machine as well as other vital network information
for each adapter...

As for mac, I can't help you. I just had a friend visit from PA and he had a
Mac/Apple (don't know the right terminology) laptop and it took me at least
30 mins to just find the mac address, then another few minutes to figure out
how to connect it to my WiFi network. I'm sure if you're a native Mac person
this is second hat, just like what I learned is for me. So you Mac addicts
don't come down on me, I'm not putting your systems down. Actually, I like
the Mac Mini and other Mac products, I just can't figure out where to find
anything in them yet... And here's the kicker, I rented a room years ago
from Steve Basile, founder/owner of XebrawerX, Inc. in Tucson. He's been
considered one of the best Mac Consulting companies in the world. They've
done some amazing applications for customer all over the world based on the
Mac platform. So we've had multiple conversations about the two platforms
and how essential both of them are. I have a lot of respect for them, I just
don't understand the logic...

A little off topic there, but...

I hope this helped you to find where the mac address is... Another point is
that most vendors print this on the pc-card itself...

Best Regards,

Paul Curtis
Mortgages in all 50 States and PR

(517) 775-6666 Cell (Voice Mail)