Re: [NTLK] Where to get MAC address?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 01:24:48 EDT

Hmmm...no, it was probably me...too many online conversations, too little time...at least you got your mac address...too bad you had to jump through hoops to find it.
  Honestly though, either dump your ISP or purchase a router and build your own internal network...knology only needs to know your router MAC for the WAN connection...you can do whatever you want on the LAN connection.
  Ed
  web/gadget gur
Jim Felder <felder@knology.net> wrote:

On Aug 14, 2006, at 6:03 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:

> Hmmm, so then why do you need a wireless card?

Did I say it was wireless? I mis-spoke myself if I did. I actually do
have a WaveLAN Bronze that arrived about a day before my wireless
router went out, so I didn't get to mess with it much.

And of course I will get that wireless network back up someday,
hopefully soon, at which time the wireless newton will be mighty handy.

Right now, I'm just trying to get an Ethernet connection going.

Jim

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....