Re: [NTLK] Newton to PC Serial with Dongle

From: <maynard_at_jmg.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 15:55:09 EDT

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Sonny Hung wrote:

> On 8/16/06, dean smoth <xxyyzzcc123@yahoo.com> wrote:

> IIRC this should also be similar to the Palm USB Kits they use to
> sell - I use to set these up for Mac users on their B/W G3's and G4
> that they used - however on this list they speak of the Keyspan
> adapters more often than any other brand of USB to DB9 Serial
> adapters.

   I can confirm that palm doesn't offer drivers for their usb->serial
converter and that no public drivers on apple or keyspan's site work with
the palm adapter. I wound up having to buy another one from Microcenter
that claimed OS X support on the box.

   I tried just about everything to get that palm adapter to work. And
confirmed that it continued to work with a palm device, while not showing
up as a serial device in MacOS X. If that's what you have, don't bother.
Go out and buy one that you know will work. --M