[NTLK] NProject -- Good News, with a proviso...

From: <MKow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Aug 20 2006 - 12:23:19 EDT

Hello Newtonfolk:

I have some good news!

The developer/owner of NProject has very graciously allowed for the FREE
release of this software! The bad news is that they no longer have the unlocking
code or the means to create it anew.

The developer, who wishes to remain anonymous on Newtontalk.net, was very
nice in responding and had this to say,

"When customers purchased N*Project, they were sent a small unlocking package
that, when executed on the Newton, altered the trial version package on the
same Newton into the full retail version.

I am still willing to offer the software under freeware conditions but, after
so much time, there is a practical barrier to that. After almost ten years,
I no longer have the means to create a Newton development environment which is
what would be necessary to convert the software into a freeware package.

The only practical alternative I can suggest is that if you can locate
someone who has a copy of the N*Project unlocking package, I am willing to authorize
them to release it to others on a freeware basis."

So, there you have it. W\To make this happen, we will need one of the
following:

1. Some fastidious individual out there who saved the original unlocking
code .pkg file for NProject.

2. Somebody who owns an unlocked version of NProject that (hopefully) can
duplicate the unlocked package and export it to a desktop computer or duplicate
it via a removeable flash memory card.

I ask that anybody who has either the unlocking code package or the unlocked
NProject app itself to please contact me. Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan, USA