Re: [NTLK] Which EZ Card is better?

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 09:58:51 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Solin

I'm in search for an EZ card for my Newton 2100 and eMate. I see that
there are 2 kinds of cards: EZVGA and EZTV. I have seen some negative
comments about the huge power drain from the EZTV card, requiring a
power adapter to use it. Is that true?

Can anyone give me there real life experience on either or both cards?

I'd like to be able to do PowerPoint slide shows.

- Joe Solin

--
EZ2TV has the ability to display two resolutions, as well as to TV by S-Video.  It was a nice card, but you have to be REALLY careful with that.  The power drain is constant even with the power adaptor, and if the battery drops below 0% you could damage the card.  (I know this personally.)
EZ2VGA one resolution, but can run indefinately with the power supply plugged in.