Re: [NTLK] Newton -> iSync: Possible?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 21:17:17 EDT

iSync is pretty good, but for me its weak on the address book
syncing. If you are looking for easy, problem free linking between
the almost 10 year old Newton and a modern computer, then it probably
isn't for you.
For me the Newton is almost a standalone computer. It is my address
book, appointment book, note pad, game machine and library. I can
easily email documents or notes to any computer and print to my HP
Photosmart printer via ethernet.
Getting the Newt set up is a bit more challenging, you will need an
USB/serial adapter on the mac or pc side and a serial dongle on the
Newt side with appropriate cable between, though other options exist.
Once set up you can do almost all necessary activities via ethernet.
The 130 is an excellent machine but cannot do ethernet so I recommend
the 2100.

Woody