Re: [NTLK] I know I'm not Crazy... (Newton Ethernet Q)

From: Chris Browder <newtonusingfox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 11:25:05 EDT

I recall Heath used a Farallon card and it worked with AppleTalk. I
bought the unit as-is and used it to sync to NCU. That's all I
honestly remember about it, Victor. I'm going to try and experiment
with it. The tech article, if you will, that leads me to believe it
will function is her: http://newton.nsf.gov/html/-88186101$129.nsd

Excert: "Newtons with OS 2.0 (MessagePad 120/2.0, MessagePad 130) can
(= appear to be able to) use an Ethernet card for AppleTalk
functionality, but not for TCP/IP.

* NIE 1.1 can be used with an Ethernet card on an OS 2.1 devices by
providing some of the NIE 2.0 packages, in particular "Newton Devices"
"

So, I'll play with it at some point. I've got to get a card first.