[NTLK] IC/ VC - OPML back to the Newton

From: Dave Bellamy <dave_bellamy_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 22:10:21 EDT

Hi All

I have just been trying out the last version of IC/ VC to see how
easily it was to transfer OPML files back and forth. Transferring
them to the desktop is a breeze - a Note checklist opens seamlessly
in OO. However the problem occurred when trying to do the reverse. I
added a line in the OO file and sent it back as an OPML file.
Although it transferred fine. IC/ VC was unable to 'put it away'. I
checked the size and it was only listed as being 502k in Finder and
was only a few items anyway. I tried sending it as a text file and
that opened fine in Notes, just not as a checklist.
Am I missing a trick? Do I need to send it as a text file and then
cut and paste it into a Notes checklist? Is this a problem others
have encountered? Did I misread something and in fact you can't
simply send the OPML file back to the Newton and put it away?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Cheers

Dave
Aotearoa, New Zealand