[NTLK] Looking for WiFi help.

From: Cerebus <cerebus2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 19:54:00 EDT

I've read everything extant I could find (including a seemingly huge
slice of this list's archives) and tried it all, and I still can't
seem to get my MP2100 connected to *my* WLAN. It joins my neighbor's
just fine.

I've got an old Netgear MA401, and both Hiroshi's driver and the
Kallisys extensions, plus all the NIE stuff. I'm in a relatively
quiet WiFi environment. My own WLAN runs without encryption on
channel 11, and one neighbor occupies channels 6, also unencrypted (my
cordless phones occupy channel 1). Occasionally I'll see frames from
other stations, but they aren't common.

No matter what I set in Internet Setup and the card settings, the
Newton binds to the neighbor's network on channel 6. DHCP works fine.
 If I join my laptop to that network and run Escale with Rendezvous
enabled, I can see the station in Dock TCP (though I can't connect;
I'll deal with that later. One problem at a time).

I've tried setting up an ad-hoc network, but I can't get that working
either. My PowerBook works just fine, but the Newton won't join it.

Is the card bad? I don't have a convenient way to test it. Or am I
doing something else wrong? Any additional help beyond what's already
online

-- Tim