Re: [NTLK] MP 2100/OSX Connection FRUSTRATIONS!

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 13:13:32 EDT

On Aug 27, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Sam Jacobson wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I agree. In my case, I feel fortunate that I already have an
> older Apple laptop, but it runs OS X. As such i am leaning more
> towards an older Macintosh, perhaps the Color Classic as it is
> somewhat newer Mac, had a color screen, and decent specs (please
> see: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=112200). Plus
> it has the right pin ports on the back, both for printers and
> modems and, with internet connection, I should not need a CD drive
> as I can just download NCU, etc.. Thoughts?

Your going to just download NCU onto your color classic huh?

Let me know if you are in the Seattle area, as I have lots of older
macs that need good homes. I have a performa 5300 which is an all in
one with a color screen and 8.6 installed.... That seems a lot better
then a color classic in my opinion (bigger though).

Or how about a powerbook 5300? that could do the trick also.... With
ethernet hardware of course.

Lots of PCI powermac hardware also.

If any of these need to be shipped they will cost some $ though as
they are heavy.
Marty