Re: [NTLK] WiFi help

From: Cerebus <cerebus2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 08:23:27 EDT

On 8/29/06, Andreas <MessagePad2000@laposte.net> wrote:

> If you have only one WiFi station, you should disable roaming (roaming
> is the ability to hop from one station to another in a large WiFi
> network with several stations, e.g. one per floor).

> This should avoid connecting to your neighbours station, I guess.

Nope. I only had it set after a long series of tests, and observed no
changes in behavior. Also, according to the driver page it's only
enabled for registered users.

> I put up some illustrated info on my website :
>
> Airport config :
>
> <http://messagepad.free.fr/AirPort/AirPort.html>

The only reason your config works without an SSID set is because you
have WEP enabled. A client is supposed to try all WAPs in range until
it can associate with the WEP key in this case.

I don't have WEP enabled. (I run my WLAN unencrypted and protect the
client systems instead. WEP is a travesty of parody of a joke.)

-- Tim