Re: [NTLK] Which Bluetooth Card?

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 02:22:48 EDT

On Aug 29, 2006, at 10:26 PM, Eckhart Köppen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it seems that the selection of available Newton compatible Bluetooth
> card is getting smaller and smaller... The PICO card is easily
> available in Europe, but which cards do you see in the US? PC Cards
> won't work (it has to be PCMCIA), but most of the recent cards seem
> to be exactly that.
>
> The reason I'm asking is that I want to test Blunt 2 soon with those
> cards which are actually available. Any suggestions?

Huh, I see that CompUSA (the biggest single computer reseller in the
USA), no longer sells the Ambicom Purple antenna CF card, that I am
using with Blunt...

The only other one I see that might work is the Belkin CF card with
adapter that I see here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00012ORPQ/ref=nosim/
104-2362286-2038308?n=172282

Certainly nothing is as great a deal as Adriano is offering...

Marty

PS perhaps we can just import a bunch of the Pico cards? FCC certified?