[NTLK] BasiliskII (run 68000 Mac OS), yes this is Newton Related

From: Alex Santos <izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl>
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 19:20:13 EDT

Dear dear listers.

I have downloaded BasiliskII, a 68000 emulator specifically designed
for running MacOS (System 7 - 8.1, infact I think it can run almost
any system, even the first one, I think)

OK So I got the Toolbox (MacOS ROM) and setup a drive etc.

I can't get it to boot from the freely downloadable System 7.0.1
disks off Apple's website, a virtual disk of Disk Tools mounted on
my desktop but is unrecognizable and documented as proper behavior as
per a TODO item on the TODO.htm file. So, I am stuck.

The mission is to launch NCU. I want to see if I can get it to work
on an Intel Mac using the emulated Mac running System 7.

Perhaps there is a way, a bridge, a software bridge between the
Newton, some third party Calendar app for System 7 and from there to
iCal. Any insights?

So, if anyone can enlighten me on how to boot the virtual Mac that
would be wonderful.

Thanks and keep smiling.
Alex