Re: [NTLK] hopefully not too [OT] for some...

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 01 2006 - 02:21:55 EST

Hi Peter,

[Please excuse any portions of this reply that may offend some on the
list - I am replying publically since it was a public post)

Let me clarify - I do appreciate the gesture... (and other similar
gestures from anyone else.)
However being that goat sacrifice conflicts with my Christian beliefs
it's not necesary...

My personal faith is that Jesus died on the cross for everybodies'
sins (He paid the price with his life for us) so therefore if one were
to believe all we would need to do is pray/speak with God directly by
lifting our concerns individually or corporately and trust in Him that
whatever outcome He has the best instore for us according to His will
and plan. Prior to Christ the Israelites did offer sacrifices, but
after Him the early Christians didn't.

No disrespect to you of your beliefs or others with the same belief.
I appreciate you and others' well wishes in this matter...

I know my mom & dad who are not believers may take a similar stance
that it's all good (they take whatever is good from all different
things/beliefs) - but it would be incorrect & disingenous of me to
accept and it's a learning process for me as a Christian.

Please excuse any typos as I'm writing this on my iMac and I'm not yet
accostomed to the keyboard.
If you or anyone else would like to discuss this further off list
contact me privately.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung
On 12/1/06, Peter Fraser <pjfraser@mac.com> wrote:
> ok, so i'll take this as acceptance of our goat sacrifice, right along with
> the prayers and whatever else was offered.  it's all good, baby, and if it
> helps, that's even better.
>
> On Thursday, November 30, 2006, at 07:58PM, "Sonny Hung"
> <sonnyhung@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I am very VERY grateful to everyone for your encouragements...
> --

God bless,
Sonny Hung
the Hung Family