Re: [NTLK] moving palm info to newton

From: Stewart Douglas <douglab_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 01 2006 - 19:17:44 EST

Ok I give up..I can't figure out what Jon is explaining...
OSX address book will not export to tab delimited..It just has
"export Vcard"

The palm desktop software will export "tab & return" so I went with
it...
however this file is not accepted by NCK 2.0 whatsoever as an import.
So I opened it in Excel, Apple Works... then in various re-saves
(none of which are listed in the NCK 2.0 import filetypes)
the NCK would not look at any of them. It seems it is looking for
what it describes as : (name file)...
???I am lost

I just simply want to export from Palm desktop to a file format, my
whole address list, and import that into my OMP.

I am realizing the extreme limitations of using an OMP with OS 1.05:
No OSX (so I have set up a seperate B/W G3 in OS 9 for the job, since
classic crashes if I install NCK)
Hardly any useful software works below Newton OS 2.0
And now Importing data from my palm desktop data is becoming
frustrating too (of course if I had OS 2.x, NCU could do this)

No wonder you all use MP2xxx Newtons...
I guess I should have done my research before buying the OMP.

Stew