Re: [NTLK] Recharging disposable AA batteries?

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Mon Dec 11 2006 - 18:48:43 EST

> http://www.afrotechmods.com/reallycheap/batteries/batts.htm

> Anyone here who has a lot more knowledge than I do have any
> comments?

I don't know if I have "a lot" more knowledge than you, but
given the fact that you are open to trying what is described
on this page, I guess I have "some" more knowledge.

If I were you, I wouldn't try it. It's correct that alkalines
can be recharged to a certain degree, but these chargers are
a weeny bit more sophisticated than the circuit shown there.
And even with all this sophistication they can't always stop
a battery from leaking.

If I were you, I'd buy four AA rechargeables and recharge them
in an external charger. A coffin is very much more expensive
than such a setup.

Then again, once you need a coffin, you probably couldn't care
less.

This page represents, in my humble and unimportant opinion,
the dark side of the internet. Everybody can publish the most
stupid and dangerous stuff, and there's no way to prevent it.

Cheers

Frank