Re: [NTLK] Ebay/Paypal (Was: [FS or T] Mac and newton related gear)

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 10:00:02 EST

On the topic of Shipping:

Shipping charges could be the -
- 'Actual'; postage, insurance, packing material
- Handling Fee (on top of the Actual but mentioned in the auction)
- Flat Rate
1) Actual and/or Handling Fee
2) Hidden; a flat rate which is not itemized and take it or leave it cost.
- Combined Shipping
- NO Combining Shipping
the list goes one...
These are some of the pitfalls we as buyers have to wade through...
Unfortunately not all sellers are fair in their dealings and considerate...
Others just give you a take it or leave it stance and when this occurs I pass...
But those are their terms...

One this to NOTE: is that there is a trend from sellers to offer an
items at a low starting auction price but have an inflated shipping
price. This is to AVOID often paying the eBay fees. It's still your
choice to buy, but it seems some want the items too badly to worry
about this practice and therefore buy it anyways...

just some thoughts

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung