[NTLK] IrDA

From: Russell,Allen <Allen.Russell_at_boc.com>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 11:04:05 EST

No, you *should* waste time finding the updated Irda driver. It does
significantly increase the speed of printing on an HP Laserjet with a IR
port. Without the new driver you do have to take a poutine break. With the
new driver, a page printed from the Newton emerges within a few seconds.
(This is my experience with Notes, maybe some fancy formatted pages from
another application will take longer.)
Allen

>From: John <OceanCity@mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] IrDA
>Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:11:47 -0500
>...lol, I've been to Coney Island, as I'm sure have you! Funny you
>mentioned the Poutine thing.
>So, as for the IrDA printing thing, then it's generally agreed that no
>matter what you have to take the "Poutine break" and therefore I need
>not waste time chasing after a fix or update or driver or whatever as in
>the end it's won't yield any significant results?
>.....which BTW is fine. I'm okay with the "sloth spool effect" if this
>be the case. It is of great amusement and exhilaration to me to live in
>a world whereby electrons, rays, beams, are coursing through the very
>air I inhale ;-)
>I's still a visceral wonder to me.
>Guess I'm an OP*
>peace,
>John

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential and is provided solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.

No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software.