[NTLK] IrDA package install problem

From: John M. <john8520_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 26 2006 - 17:55:33 EST

Hi again!
I just got my 2100 in the mail, and I am totally in love with it, its
a fantastic little PDA/Mobile Computer. Right away I decided that I
wanted to install the packages for WiFi so that I could do synching
via Escale over Wifi. so, I copied over the Escale TCPI/IP dock
thing, as well at whatshisname's wifi driver, and installed them to
the newt, over IrDA, using Newton DIL Tester for one, and Newton IrDA
Installer for the other, they both went fine.

The last thing I needed for TCP/IP synching was the NIE2.0 packages,
so (on the OS X mac) I downloaded the then copied them to the IrDA /
OS 9 powerbook. From there I opened Newton IrDA Package installer, it
did the little beginning link up fine, but when it goes to the file
browser, I can't install any of the files! None are listed! They all
have the proper pkg extension, so I believe that when they are
downloaded on the OS X mac, OS X thinks that since they have the .pkg
extension, they are installers for OS X, and it should thus change
something in the files; then neither of the programs in OS 9 could
open them.

Then I had a great idea, I could just download the NIE2 packages onto
the OS 9 mac, and install them just like that. Well, the same thing
happened, they didnt show up. I looked around on the UNNA site and
saw this (http://www.unna.org/mac.shtml) and tried it out on the OS 9
mac, but it didn't work.

Any ideas? I'd really like to get NIE2 on here so that I can begin my
WiFi synching!

Thanks!

John