[NTLK] Lucent Wavelan Turbo Silver - success!

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 05:36:57 PST

Hi guys, I dont want to speak too soon, but I think my Newt 2000 is on the net!

You gave me some really good advice recently, that resulted in me buying the above card.

It arrived at work today. I'd already set the Newt up for the old card.

Couldnt resist popping it in despite the fact that I'm here in the office.

Started up Newtscape...

...and found a pay-as-you-go network, presumably in Starbucks across the road.

Fantastic step forward. Now too see whether i can contact my Apple airport WEP protected network at home tonight.

I learned a lesson with the Bronze card. The vendor said it worked, I tried for hours to get it to work, and on the panel on the back it clearly says 'WEP:NO' This one says yes.

The other lesson is a general Ebay one. Every Ebay member is worried about getting good feedback. The best way to ensure you do (and you have to do this quickly) is GIVE good feedback. So we're all being so nice to each other and meanwhile repeat vendors (or repeat offenders!) are getting away with selling non fit-for-purpose goods that are not found out within the feedback period.

Still, this was my first dud Ebay purchase of >50

I'm sure I'll be reporting back after I get home.

Thanks again for your valuable support!!!!

Regards

Jon