Re: [NTLK] Lucent Wavelan Turbo Silver - success!

From: Harry Teasley (hteasley_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 07:26:43 PST

On 2/1/06, Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> The Lucent WaveLan Silver Turbo does work with WEP.

Along with this, the FAQ wasn't clear on the topic, so I ask here: is
there any current WiFI card that anyone knows of that is 5v and not
cardbus? I see store brand cards, like CompUSA 802.11b pc cards, and
they don't have any specs on the boxes or chip info, so I don't know
how to assess them, but are Newt-compatible cards being made at all
anymore, or is the WiFI route solely one of eBaying old compatible
cards?

Thanks. And for those that saw my other thread, I got a serial cable
for the 2100 so my newt is now loaded to the gills with goodies. A
JavaVM on the newt, I never would have guessed.

Harry