[NTLK] WaveLAN Bronze

From: Harry Teasley (hteasley_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 19:02:58 PST

I recently bought a WaveLAN Bronze card, which I've read in several
places as working with the 2100. Mine apparently doesn't. I can insert
it, it is recognized as a Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE card, and it turns its
little lights on briefly.

When I try to connect to my Airport Extreme network, it blinks the
lights once briefly, and then they do not blink again.

I have an Airport Extreme, and an Airport Express acting as a WDS
remote base station. I had the network set up as unencrypted, with MAC
access control, and b/g compatible. I have removed all of that
configuration at this stage, with no encryption, no access control,
and b only, just to see if any of that was tripping up the card. I
have tried both manual setup and DHCP, and still no response.

It doesn't look like it's ever trying to connect. I would imagine at
least one of the lights would blink more than once if it were
attempting to send packets.

Are there known problems with the WaveLAN Bronze? Is there anything I
should be trying on my Newt setup, like the order in which drivers are
installed, or something? I have the 1.08a driver from Hiroshi Noguchi
(unregistered).

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Harry