Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN Bronze

From: Harry Teasley (hteasley_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 04 2006 - 15:43:07 PST

On 2/4/06, Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net> wrote:
> You are describing normal expected behavior. The newton connects and
> disconnects as needed by the software you use.
> Have you used Internet Setup to setup for ethernet and this card.
> If so then when you attempt to send an email or to connect with a
> browser you should get a dialog window asking you to choose card.
> Frank Gruendel has a nice step by step procedure
> see <http://www.pda-soft.de/ethernetconnectivity.html>

I see those windows. It just never connects. I have tried DHCP and
manual configurations (I know my way around configuring a network, the
other eight manually configured wireless devices in the house work
fine).

I noticed today that I look at the list of card drivers on the Newt
and they're doubled up: I see two entries for everything, although
I've installed nothing new. So that's odd, as well.

Harry