Re: [NTLK] Screen protectors for Newtons....

From: Jake Bordens (newton_at_allaboutjake.com)
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 08:29:28 PST

I prefer the ones from PocketPCTechs.com or BoxWave.com. Neither
sells a precut one for the newt, though.

Both sell crystal clear or antiglare (I prefer anti-glare)

They're the "rigid get slightly adhesive" type that stick down with
no bubbles. Sticky side can be cleaned with scotch tape.

Boxwave sells a 8x12 sheet, if I recall, but by custom order.
PocketPCTechs sells a 1/4", 1/2" and Full Sheet kits.

Lots of people like the "slip under the edge" type, that end up being
"free floating" (no adhesive at all). I ruined a display when some
lint worked its way under from the edge and scratched the display. I
like this type because it sticks down (no movement once applied).
Dirt is easily seen when you stick it down, and can be cleaned off by
peeling up the protector and grabbing it with the sticky side of
scotch tape. Also, when you're done, it never moves, and is easily
removable if necessary. Also, no potential for problems with Jaggies
cause you cut it to size yourself and aren't wedging it under the bezel.

Jake