Re: [NTLK] NCU Connection Problems with Keyspan Twin Serial Adapter

From: Clayton Mitchell (claytonmitchell_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 08:02:25 PST

You can not install both the OS X and OS 9 drivers at the same time
(according to keyspan). If you install the OS X drivers the 9
drivers will not work for you. I have put together an instruction
PDF for classroom exchange and the keyspan usb to serial device.
Take a look at it and see if it helps.

http://dulap.drake.edu/clayton/Classroom_Exchange_on_OS_X.pdf

On Feb 3, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Achow2_at_aol.com wrote:

> Recently returned to Newton usage. NCU times out because of no
> response from
> PB G4. Setup is:
>
> - PB G4 running in Classic OS 9
> - Keyspan driver version 1.9. Status is "driver and USA-28X Device
> found
> OK". USB Status does not see Newton connected.
> - Serial cable running from Newton using SER-001. Also tried built-in
> interconnect port.
> - On PB, P#2USA28X01 is checked in Preferences
> - In KeySpan Manager, FIFO is OFF, Buffer is 64, No Tx Ack Advance, No
> INTERRUPT endppoints. Baud Rate is around 34.6
>
> Getting frustrated and have tried multiple combinations. Have got the
> feeling that the baud rate is too high for the Newt to handle.
>
> Thanks, Anna
>
> --
> inquiries
> wikiwikinewt/