[NTLK] Dead Newton Lives!

From: gmetcalfe_at_comcast.net
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 09:32:28 PST

Thanks to all who made suggestions. Much to my relief my 2100 is alive and kicking. I pulled all cards and battery and left it over night. Fortuitously, I receved a AA battery cage in the mail yesterday evening (Thank you Peter Brigg, the money is on it's way!). I loaded it up this morning and plugged it in and everything is cool.

I have a feeling that it is my charger that is the problem. When I have it plugged in with the rechargable batteries it doesn't seem to be recharging. When I open up Battrax the status of the battery shows "discharging" and the charge current is not consistent, constantly jumping from about 1.2mA to about 2.5mA. I guess the other possibility is that the battery pack is shorted somehow. I have my old power supply from my 120, so I'll see if that makes a difference. As I recall, it won't "fast charge" the 2100 but it should slow charge the battery fine.

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

--Graham