[NTLK] New Newton eBooks (continued)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 02:46:47 PST

Cheers Matt,

just found below posting of yours from 2004. Did you ever do the Howard
Pyle Pirate book? I've just seen it's been released freshly by PG
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/973 (probably some typos fixed), so if
you haven't started on that yet, might be good to use the new source.

Also is the Edison book already done? I'm really looking forward to
that one! ;=}

And the photography book would be much appreciated, too--I've never
learned more about photography than from some handbooks from the 1930s
to 1950s, as they really get down to the elementary stuff and teach you
the stuff that really counts (like, why it is a shame people don't own
tripods anymore, and how to get the max out of available light, and
what have you).

I've got one or two new titles I'll add to the library this weekend (or
next week, gotta prepare the radio show for tomorrow night), so I might
add anything you have to the batch.

Dear all--

any freeware, GPL, Creative Commons licensed and public domain
submissions welcome, even from people whose first name ain't Matt or
Tony. Pls. enclose a readme.txt for each title.

DJV.
Librarian

The Temporary Newton Library
http://www.stillnewt.org/library

P.S.: Currently I'm looking for any Newton ebook editions of stuff by
James Fenimore Cooper (besides The Last of the Mohicans and The Bravo,
which we already have
http://www.stillnewt.org/library/_Fiction/
Cooper,%20James%20Fenimore%20(1789-1851)/ ). So should you have any
copies of that.... Or any Henry Rider Haggard things not yet available
here
http://www.stillnewt.org/library/_Fiction/
Haggard,%20Henry%20Rider%20(1856-1925)/ .... Pls. drop me a line.

[NTLK] New Newton eBooks (continued)