Re: [NTLK] [OT] OSX on Wallstreet

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 13:02:04 PST

Don't know if this experience is universal, but my Lombard has been a great
boon for working with my Newton. Specifically, the IRDA port allowed me to
bootstrap the Newton when I would have otherwise had to spend money on
various other solutions to do the same.
The only thing, though, is that the IRDA port, for me, only works in Mac OS
9/Classic, and NOT OSX. This is somewhat annoying... but really not a huge
hurdle.

If I were to buy a single older computer to use both as an extra Mac and for
working with my Newton, one of these G3 Powerbooks would be at the top of
the list (Lombard, Pismo, Wallstreet).