[NTLK] [NTLK]MP2100 internet over ethernet (through router)

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 15:05:03 PST

I've recently been playing more with my newts -- again (Newton appears
to be a lot like a heroine addiction: you can never really get free from it)

Here's the setup:
Newton MP 2100
3Com 3C589 Etherlink III card
all the necessary drivers are installed and working (I used to use this
card to print via a Linux box -- before I installed an Appletalk card in
my laser printer, but I digress)
Topcom Router WBR 611 (pretty standard wired/WiFi combo router that
"just works" <TM>)

Here's the problem:
If I configure the card for DHCP access (automatic configuration), I get
the message that the DHCP server cannot configure the card.
If I configure it manually (inputting all the right IP addresses), it
says the DNS server cannot be accessed.

 From what I've Googled, it appears to be not an uncommon problem, but I
nevertheless was unable to find a solution.

Any ideas?

Karel Jansens