[NTLK] Using the Newton 2100 to send faxes.

From: Michael Beale (mjbeale50_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 20:11:15 PST

Dear Newtontalk,

I have been attempting to use a Newton 2100 to send a fax and cannot
achieve this. I know compared to wifi this is low tech, however I need
some pointers on how to do this.

I have a 2100 unit with a 3com Megahertz 56K cellular modem pc card. Is
that able to be used for land-lines? If not, what options do I have for
sending faxes? Do I need a different card?

If the card is suitable, then what settings are appropriate in
Preferences with the Modem? I know I have an active telephone line with
signal, a cable which works for a normal phone which I can plug into the
xjack connector, and the tone setting should be appropriate for our
telephone system.

Any pointers please.

Michael Beale