Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]MP2100 internet over ethernet (through router)

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 07:26:17 PST

Marcus Hammerschmitt schreef:
> At 15:36 21.02.2006, you wrote:
>
>>To be honest I don't know what the original question was, but
>>I do internet over etnernet
>>it is possible with 2x00 and eMate
>>see Frank's site which is up for some configuration guidelines
>><http://www.pda-soft.de/ethernetconnectivity.html>
>

> Now there's exactly the problem. To access my provider's
> network (T-Online, as it happens), I have to give the right
> password and username. I don't see a possibility to do this
> here. What am I missing?

The router does all that automagically. What you're talking about is
PPPoE (i.e. a direct connection through a DSL modem), which the Newton
definitely does not do.

Some people use old pcs as routers (just bang in a couple of ethernet
cards and maybe a WiFi card, load up one of the dedicated Linux
distributions and Robert's your momma's brother), but I have a dedicated
router. It just refuses to talk to my Newton over Ethernet (haven't
tried WiFi yet, I'd have to score a compatible card for that).

Karel Jansens