Re: [NTLK] Using the Newton 2100 to send faxes.

From: Martin Joseph (NT_at_stillnewt.org)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 09:39:44 PST

On Feb 21, 2006, at 6:54 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> Hey Woody,
> Haven't tried this yet and just wondering if anyone (yourself
> included) has
> tried receiving faxes with their Newton?

Of course! This works great.

I am not sure if the original poster is suggesting he is trying to fax
through a cell phone? That could add another level of complication.

Generally for me with generic modems (mostly older USR), fax has always
worked right away even on my older 1.2OS MP120.

I remember once buying car insurance over the phone, and having the
agent ask me if he could fax me the proof of insurance for me to carry
in the car... I had him fax it directly to Newton, and then I carried
the newton with me (of course).

Marty

PS is there some newer fax technology that might make this trickier now?