Re: [NTLK] ot wallstreet pram battery and recharge

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 10:11:22 PST

On 2/22/06, Eric Engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a wallstreet; the pram battery is dead. Could that prevent
> the wallstreet from recharging the main battery (lithium ion;
> lion)? (please say no, replaacing the pram batt requires a torx wrench, and
> i have no idea where to find them, what size or how much they cost)

Eric,

I'm pretty sure you got an answer already to this question but here goes.
I've got my Wallstreet in the same condition as you.
It's PRAM was dead and I had to setup the configuration every time I booted
since I got it.
The Wallstreet's Main Battery was kind of weak but working then... but since
it has died.
SO to my experience it should not matter in regards to charging the
battery...

It's either a totally dead battery or if on the off chance you can reset the
battery with the tool it might try to charge it... Wish I could find the
replacement batteries (and cheap) to re-cell it with higher capacity
cells...

HTH

--
God bless,