Re: [NTLK] newtsync.com is down

From: Richard (newtontalk_at_rssternberg.org)
Date: Sun Jan 01 2006 - 04:39:28 PST

I believe that the problem I had was unrelated to NewtSync. I have
evidence that the Newton soup holding my contact list and calendar
were both corrupted after 9 years of uninterrupted, daily use. I
regularly backed up, but I never had any tools to rebuild the data.
For many years, I was using Action Names, and I had quite a bit more
than the normal amount of data saved. The Newton was running my law
practice for almost a decade. So, it is quite possible that my
inability to use NewtSync was not the fault of NewtSync. But, I
cannot rule out that my copy may be problematic. I don't think it is.
But, it is a simple logical statement that it might be, since
*something* is keeping the NewtSync from working.

-- Richard