[NTLK] How common are Newton Software CD's?

From: RAParker (quadzillanet_at_newted.org)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 02:07:16 PST

So...

I won an eBay auction for someone's miscellaneous Newton gear. Included
in the box were about 5 CDR's (somewhat well organized) of various
software and website archives. For me, everything I need for my Newton,
I have been able to find (and/or buy) on the web. So, the value I place
in these CDR's is not all that high.

But...

A quick look (at some the contents of these CDs) does show some
interesting items. Some of the folders appear to be archives of
long-gone websites organized by date of download. Other items include
quite a bit of software I've never seen on the web. It looks as though
most of the the stuff (actual file dates) are from about 1997-2001. The
folder modification dates are from 2003 (the burn date?).

Just curious...

Am I just looking at one of those eBay CD's that seem to be (always)
available?

or...

Have I stumbled upon a treasure-trove of bygone Newton memorabilia?

Ron

--
Sent using Mail for Mac OS X. Cyberdog lives!
--
    |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET