Re: [NTLK] How common are Newton Software CD's?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 05:43:43 PST

On 1/3/06, RAParker <quadzillanet_at_newted.org> wrote:

> This links to a 196K text file of the directory listings from all 8
> CDs. The first 2 CDs listed look like copies of the official Apple
> Newton CD distributed with a Newton 130. Following those are Newton CD1
> - Newton CD6.

Interesting collection. I think that the bulk of the software is available
on www.unna.org, but there are a bunch of books that I doubt we would see on
unna, as some of it looks copyrighted and such. Those are very interesting.
There was also a bunch of medical stuff that probably isn't of general
interest, also. Those sites are interesting. Is all the html there and all?
he must have sucked this stuff down when the Newton was cancelled.

Also, other than the last CD and maybe 5, as well, it all seems well
cataloged and organized. Whoever did this put a lot of effort into it, but
it looks to me like a personal collection, not something that was being sold
on eBay, nor a UNNA collection. You have something worth holding on to for
sure!

How much would you charge for burning and sending DVDs? LOL! I can imagine
bunches of people requesting this!

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland