Re: [NTLK] Problem downloading packages when using Mozilla Firefox

From: Roland Roberts (roland_at_astrofoto.org)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 11:56:15 PST

    Andy> I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser and have trouble when
    Andy> attempting to download packages onto my PC.

    Andy> When I click on a package, the Save As dialogue box no longer
    Andy> appears, instead the file is translated into a jumble of text
    Andy> inside the browser window itself? I have looked through the
    Andy> options to try and adjust this but to no avail.

Did you look in Edit->Preferences, select Download and see if ".pkg" is
listed?

Additionally, I've found that *some* sites set the wrong mime-type on
.pkg files which causes the browser to try to load them as text :-( If
the server sends the wrong mime-type, the only thing you can do is
remember to right-click on the link instead of (normal) left-click.

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland_at_rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court