Re: [NTLK] Net time

From: Roland Roberts (roland_at_astrofoto.org)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 13:58:32 PST

    gjw> Has anyone had any luck with this program lately? It seems to
    gjw> me it used to work fine Maybe the server address is not good?
    gjw> I show it to be: ntp2.usno.navy.mil

Funny you should ask....

I was trying to get it to work a few days ago and it doesn't seem to be
doing anything for me even though I set it to us *my* timesever here on
my home LAN. I'm a bit confused about the "max acceptable minutes
different" parameter, but tried forcing the time on my Newton to be
wrong by an amount both less than and greater than that amount and in
neither case did it sync :-(

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland_at_rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court