Re: [NTLK] Problem downloading packages when using Mozilla Firefox

From: albrecht brenner (albrecht_brenner_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 20:48:13 PST

Thanks to everybody, giving helpful hints.

At least I found, that my safari installation seems to be damaged.
Openenig "Preferences" under the edit-menu opens only a window, where
I can adjust some auto-fill-in parameters. Acc. to the safari-help,
there should be a tab, that offers configuration of download file-
types. But this tab does not exist.

I detected a safari.pkg file in the depth of the harddisk, which
obviously is an installer. It starts, lets me select a target volume
and then ends with the information "an error has occured, try it later".

If anybody has an idea, please let me know.

Thanks, Albrecht